Areas of expertise: Outdoor programming and leadership, adventure education, youth development, recreation land management, outreach & community engagement, as well as constraints and barriers to visiting parks and public lands. An authority on race, culture and gender issues in parks and outdoor recreation.
Curriculum Vitae; One-page Bio
- RPT 680 - Planning & Evaluation in Recreation, Parks, & Tourism (2 sections)
"Thank you for everything, Dr. Roberts. You truly have inspired me to go out and try to make a difference in our parks. This is my absolute favorite class this semester!"
- Course Release Time: San Mateo County Parks Visitor Use Study (see Research page)
- National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Gateway Partner Program Liaison
- Environmental Studies Program: Affiliate Faculty
- Pacific Leadership Institute (PLI): Director. Celebrating 35 yrs of service to the community in 2015!
- CHSS Service Task Force (2014-cur)
- Faculty Achievement for Excellence in Service Award, Nominee (2014)
- Undergraduate Assessment: Coordinator, Dept of Recreation, Parks, & Tourism (2005-14)
(RPT Assessment Report Submitted for AY13)
- Academic Program Review Committee (2012-13)
- Candlestick Point State Recreation Area & Yosemite Slough, Advisory Committee, 2015- current
- California Parks Now - Coalition member, 2015-current
- Diverse Environmental Leaders, National Speakers Bureau - 2014-current
- GirlVentures - Advisory Council Member, 2005-current
- Center for Park Management (Natl Parks Conservation Assoc), Advisory Council, 2012-2015
- International Women's Leadership Association, "Woman of Outstanding Leadership Award" - 2015
National Park Service, Webcast on Diversity, 11/4/14. "It was a great conversation and hopefully brought light to those outside the NPS on the work that we are ALL doing within NPS and with our partners."
~Vanessa M. Torres, National Capital Regional Office, Youth and Special Initiatives Coordinator.
- Academy of Leisure Sciences
- Association for Experiential Education
- CA Roundtable on Recreation, Parks & Tourism
- CA Teachers Association
- International Women's Leadership Association
- National Recreation & Park Association
- North American Association for Environmental Education