Marcia Iris Baum, LCSW
3896 - 24th Street
San Francisco, Ca. 94114
work # 415-824-0580
fax # 415-824-1829
CLINICAL and CONSULTANT PRACTICE
Private Practice: 22 years experience
- Psychotherapy and counseling for individuals, couples and families. Diagnosis, treatment and intervention for issues related to family violence, victimization, chemical dependency/alcohol abuse, HIV and life-threatening illnesses, gay/ lesbian issues, and treatment of eating disorders, incest and sexual abuse.
- Workshop Instructor. Community based training seminars tailored to groups for continuing and ongoing education requirement and professional development.
- Professional Consultant. Oral Commissioner and examination instructor for the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS). Developed and wrote test vignettes and questions for written and oral exams for candidates. CEU Provider PCE 2727.
1977-1979 M.S.W. State University of New York at Albany, Social Welfare
1972-1976 B.A. Psychology State University College of New York at New Paltz
ertified Public School Teacher-State Education Dept., New York 1979
Certified EQ (Emotional Intelligence) Instructor 2000
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW , License # LCS 9325, 1982
Continuing Education Provider Board of Behavioral Sciences PCE 2727& Board of Registered Nurses Provider CEP 14020
Member-ANAD-National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
Educator & Psychotherapist
Faculty Lecturer San Francisco State University - Consumer Family Studies
Courses: Families of Violence, Abuse & Neglect, Families in Crisis
· J .F.K . College in Orinda, guest lecturer
· “Issues in Family Life Cycle” 1991-94
· SF City College in 1987-88
· San Bernardino Valley College in 1979-86
“Working with Developmentally Disabled and Dual-Diagnosed Populations”
· Group Therapist at In-patient Eating Disorders Unit, San Bernardino Community Hospital, Treatment for anorexia nervosa, bulimia and compulsive out of control eating-early 1980-1986
“I Can Cope” program for newly diagnosed cancer patients - American Cancer Society, Circle City Hospital, Corona, Ca. 1985-86
· Partners of Survivors - Abuse and Violence in Families, SF, Ca. 1991-95
1986-1988 EMPLOYMENT Program Developer at Golden Gate Regional Center,
120 Howard Street, San Francisco, Ca 94105
Designed, developed and wrote curriculum for staff in residential facilities and day treatment programs serving mentally, physically and developmentally disabled persons moving out of institutions. Served as Educator and team leader for Quality Assurance evaluation teams.
1979-1986 Resource Developer/Assistant Program Manager Inland Regional Center, 1020 Cooley Drive, Colton , Ca
Provided staff supervision. Coordinated services and obtained speakers for in-service presentations. Provided classroom instruction to large groups for training purposes. (San Bernardino Valley College-see above).
References available by request.