Geog 810: Seminar in Geomorphology
Jerry Davis, Instructor
- Week 1. Foundations of Geomorphology; Landscape Evolution Models
- Week 2. Thresholds, Instability and Nonlinear Systems
- Schumm, S. A. (1979). Geomorphic thresholds: the concept and its applications. Transactions, Institute of British Geographers, 4: 485-515.
- Graf, W. L. (1977). The rate law in fluvial geomorphology. American Journal of Science 277: 178-191.
- Scheidegger, Adrian E. (1983). Instability principle in geomorphic equilibrium. Z. Geomorphol. N.F. Bd 27: 1-19.
- Phillips, Jonathan D. (2003).Sources of nonlinearity and
complexity in geomorphic systems. Progress in Physical Geography 27,1 (2003) pp. 1–23
- Week 3. Return to Landscape Evolution Models
Geog 810 student topics, assigned articles, and papers