There are a few things you should take into consideration before continuing. Most important is that this is only the take home part of your final. There is still an in class final.
1.You may want to consider doing the exam early, setting it aside for a day or so then reread the questions, reveiw and edit your answers.
2. Do not wait until the last minute to work on your exam. You have 5 days, use them wisely.
3. This is an essay exam. Note the word essay. This means you should follow all the rules of essay organization and use proper grammer. Anything less is likely to have an adverse consequence on your grade
4. Remember all the lecture presentations are available in the PSIRUS lab. If you are in doubt, check them out.
5. The encyclopedia Britannica's China page can be accessed
via the "Research Resources" portion of this webpage. (click on "Return
to IR325 Homepage" below. Then click on the heading for "Research Resources".
From there look for "Britannica's China Page." This only brings you to
the start of the page you must scroll around and search for the specific
information you desire) You may need to access Britannica from the lab
at school or enroll for a free trial membership.
1. There are two questions. Answer both of them.
2. Answer each question thoroughly and concisely. (It does no good to ramble on)
3. All answers are to be typed or produced on with a computer or word processor. NO HAND WRITTEN EXAMS WILL BE GRADED.
4. Use a New Times Roman, Arial or Helvecta type face.
5. Use size 12 font.
6. Double space
7. Each of the two questions is worth 25% of your mid-term grade.
1. As an expert on Chinese security policies and practices, you are asked to give a 60 minute briefing to senior officials in the US State Department. What five main points would you attempt to make and why?
2. You are a member of the Chinese "think tank" in Beijing. Jiang Zemin has ask you to prepare a policy position paper to be used in the forth coming meeting with President Clinton. Indicate what three or four issues you think the Americans will emphasis in the meeting and provide a Chinese postition on each.
Good Luck !
Return to IR325 homepage.