SFSU - University of Pacific Dental Post-Bac Program:
Admission Requirements & Preferences
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning with a baccalaureate or higher degree and a final GPA of 2.5 or above, or a GPA of 2.5 or above for the most recent 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of course work. However, because application for admission to the Program is competitive, a higher GPA may be needed for acceptance.
- Bachelor's degree must be completed by July 1 of the first summer of participation. For the 2014-2015 Program, this means July 1, 2014. No exceptions will be made.
- US dental school reapplicant or first-time applicant intending to apply during the 2015-2016 or 2016-2017 AADSAS cycle. Under unusual circumstances, we might consider admiting a student applying during the 2014-2015 cycle.
- Minimum DAT scores of 14 for the Academic Average and PAT (if taken).
- Documented evidence of academically and/or economically disadvantaged background.
- Demonstrated desire to work with underserved communities or in communities with limited access to dental health care.
- Admissions finalists will be required to participate in a formal interview to be held at SFSU.
- Those not admitted to the Dental Post-Bac Program will be considered for admission to the Academic Enhancer Track (AET) of the Formal Post-Bac Program. Being a pre-dental participant of the AET will allow substantial contact with the Dental Post-Bac Programs.