SFSU - University of Pacific Dental Post-Bac Program:
Admission Requirements & Preferences
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning with a baccalaureate or higher degree and a final GPA of 2.5 or above, or a GPA of 2.5 or above for the most recent 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of course work. However, because application for admission to the Program is competitive, a higher GPA may be needed for acceptance. Bachelor's degree must be completed by July 1 of the first summer of participation.
- US dental school reapplicant or first-time applicant intending to apply during the 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 AADSAS cycle.
- Minimum DAT scores of 14 for the Academic Average and PAT (if taken).
- Documented evidence of academically and/or economically disadvantaged background.
- Demonstrated desire to work with underserved communities or in communities with limited access to dental health care.
- Legal residents of California preferred, but residents of other states will be considered.
- Admissions finalists will be required to participate in a formal interview to be held at SFSU.
- Those not admitted to the Dental Post-Bac Program will be considered for admission to the Academic Enhancer Track (AET) of the Formal Post-Bac Program. Being a pre-dental participant of the AET will allow substantial contact with the Dental Post-Bac Programs.